Wednesday 29 July 2009

Schneider Electric "Green the World" interuniveristy challenge 2009

Whoa, talk about hectic schedule. I've been busy with FYP and Qualitative research as well as Micro seminar.

I've been so busy until I fall a sick.





and no is not H1N1.


-------------------------------------------------

Few weeks ago I've covered an event for my Feature Writing assignment, it was something that I never thought of.

A FORMAL event organised by an established company, why I said it is formal?
Because it was held at One World Hotel near One Utama.





With less then 2 hours of sleep the night before, I can basically say I'm officially not in the condition to conduct any sort of "academically-correct" interview. Since I was helping my friends with their video shooting, I'm only home around 5 am and woke up at 7am to prepare myself for the event.

It ain't easy.

Knowing this is a 5 star hotel, my guts tells me "King, you better not embarrassing yourself, so please wear formal attire for the event."

I kind of listen to it, the only difference is I'm not wearing a tie, not a big deal right?

Anyway, I've took a cab go straight to One World Hotel, the time I land my feet on the entrance of the hotel, I'm greeted politely by the servers (Not sure how you call it) before guiding me to the venue which is BALLROOM MAPLE JUNIOR.


I though my friend was joking when he told me the name of the venue.
The venue does exists -.-"




But why Junior and not senior??
Who cares?
I'm talking nonsense so forgive me.

-------------------------------------------------


Next, as I'm entering the hall way going to the room, I'm welcomed by Baroque music that played in the background XD
So cool man!! Can you imagine the scene?


5 star hotel + golden interior + Baroque music = Keawesomeman


Especially the Baroque music, remember the song that played during the scene where they portray British royalty in the movie?? That's the exact same song that I'm talking about ^^

----------------------------------------------------Organizer with team Pioneer

The event is about energy efficient product, contestants will be required to create a energy efficient prototype using Schneider Electric products, the winner will get RM 15 000 and represents Malaysia for the Asia Zone championship.

Once I reached the hall, the 1st team i saw was the team Synergy (eventual runner-up) so lucky I am as one of the member is DC's friend which I kind of make friend with few days ago, he explained how the event works and that really helped me a lot.


THANKS KIAN HOE


The teams are arranged in U-Shape formation around the hall with each of their prototype stationed at their own cubicle. Besides explaining how their product works,
they have to stand and pose for the photographers as well ^^





By the way, that's the eventual winner. Team Pioneer from MMU. Their intelligent cooling system bagged them the necessary "OHM!" to win the competition.
And they have 1 cute-looking female member too ^^


"AHEM"
Anyway, the event went well and I got the information I needed, it was something truly new to me as i never imagine I will be covering such a formal event.
I'm more of a "informal person" you see ^^"


Just when I thought I will be sleeping for the next few hours after that,
I recalled I need to meet my supervisor that day =.="
Life just couldn't get any worst.


TILL THEN

HAVE A NICE DAY ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment