Tuesday 25 March 2014

A series of unfortunate events: Road accident

So here I am.


Rushing to my Company to meet up with a colleague as I promised him that I'll fetch him to the event venue. It's raining cats and dogs and it is getting harder to just have a clear vision as to what I might ran into few meters in front. However, knowing how late I am to the event, I decided to drive a bit faster (60 km/h, not much isn't it?).

As I reached the turn that leads to my Company, I decided to took a follow-the-rule-book route which I have to make a round trip before I can reach my colleague car. By right, I can just skip all that by driving into the One-way road, who would have knew, someone else was taking the exact route I go against, and as I make a turn into the road, the Estima ran into me and BAM! My beloved Prince 'kiss' a bully Estima's on the lip. Knowing how late I am to the event, I quickly took pictures of the car that hit me and the damage my car received, snapped a picture of the driver's IC and continue heading to the venue. (The driver did pay for the repairs because he knew he was driving in a One-way on the opposite direction, which is the reason for the accident)


So, what's the moral of the story?

The Angel would say:
Never drive fast even when you are in a hurry, it's even more true when it's raining.

The Devil would say:
Even though you drive fast and involve in an accident, never admit your fault when the other person is the one in major fault.


So, which side are you from?

No comments:

Post a Comment