Wednesday 24 September 2008

Month of August, Day of 15th~








Moon Cake Festival, the day where lanterns fill the streets and houses. Kids running everywhere chasing each other. Lanterns hung high up the trees and moon cake was the food that people eats during the "Moon Cake Festival" time... DUH!??!

Since I've already said is the Moon Cake Festival, of course we will be eating moon cake la... But I'm not going to talk about moon cakes today.

I'm going to talk about what i did that day.



Unfortunately, MCF lands on our exam weeks(Painful isn't it?) & i thought i will be missing it again this year. I remember last year aunt called me and asked if i want to have dinner at her place since in KL, I only have them(& my bro)
By then, I'm busying with assignments so i have to reject the offer(DARN!)

But this time it happened again, my aunt called me that day, asking(again) if I'm coming over, this time i have a valid reason not to go, but since my bro can pick me up, i have "no choice" but to go(DARN! Sounds familiar -.-")


My bro pick me up at...
(I'll skip this boring part ^^)

...and we reach our destination^^



Hm... I wonder who is he... ^^





It was nice to go back once in a while, this place brings back a lot of memories, because before i move to ss2, this is the place i stayed. Once in a while, I'll come over for dinner with aunt family and the food here taste fantastic!! With soup being served everyday there, there's no reason for me not to love this place ^^

& that day, bro decided to help out in the kitchen!! hahahah! Bro is good when it comes to cooking, but it is rare to see him in "action", even so, i caught a glimpse of it that day...


He is not my brother ^^"



"Err... Didn't your mama tell u? Don't take pictures with your mouth full!"



Before i leave, i took home a box of moon cake with me... Hehehe! This is how the conversation goes...


Me : "Aunt ar... Can i have thaaaaaaat box of moon cake?"
Aunt: "Sure, we have a lot so u can take 1..."
Bro : *Looking at me with a stern look* "No need la, just one moon cake is enough"
Me : *brains impulse ticking making a plan to get the box* "Er... then can i
choose which one i want?"

Aunt: "Sure, sure, take, take..."
Me : *Grab 3 of the moon cake* "Okay, I'm done"
Aunt: "Then i take the other one..."

*The box is empty once aunt took away the last moon cake, I'm staring at the box like a hungry wolf stalking its pray*

Me : "Aunt, since no one is using the box, can I use it to fill it with my moon
cake?" *Using my innocent gazes*

Aunt: "Sure, take la, take la!"
Me : "Thank youuuuu, aunt..."
(Mission accomplish!!)

*Bro comes over...*
Bro : "WTF!!!!" o.O


So i happily brought back the "spoils of war" & invite my stepmom & dear to savior this "gift of victory".



THE NEXT DAY...



It written "Automn Romance" as the 'title' of the box






Can't deny, this is one of the nicest moon cake box I've seen in years





Before we start to have our moon cake tasting ceremony, me and the "closests" gone to Ducking to have lunch...
My advice, not worth it...
Expensive, taste somewhat the same with others...
But this is my opinion though.



That's what I've ordered, the duck taste okay, and those roast chicken/chinese sausage taste normal too. Even the service was bad, i try to call for a waitress to order our food pun tak ada, & when we do have some1 to serve us, she gave us a "father died" look.

I "LoVE" Dorking -.-"



The moon cake above is the one me and the "closests" tried that day, it is actually a chocolate cheese moon cake.
Erm... You can say I'm quite convensational into thinking moon cake shouldn't be made out of cheese and chocolate, but hey, I can't imagine myself having Wan Tan Mee that's made out of cheese and chocolate!

Anyway, it taste GREAT!


There you have it... That's how i've gone through MCF this year, hope if would be better next year.



TILL THEN


HAVE A NICE DAY ^^

2 comments:

  1. what???!!!! the close-st? not closest-s?????? where's meeeeeeeee???????!!!!!!i hap chou ah!!

    u better fast fast get done with the 'ceremony'...hg!

    blerrr...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tersalah tulis lar, mom...
    I mean closestS ^^

    The ceremony... emm... i try to manage that ^^"

    ReplyDelete