Wednesday 21 April 2010

Kampar trip - part 2


While I was in Kampar, yours truly me has the chance of tasting and seeing some new things.

My grandma prepared some really alien-like dishes I've ever taste before, like my first encounter of eating belacan. It taste like heaven (literally) when I first try it.
Especially when it is prepare with petai. Hmmmm... hmmm... yummy!


But I didn't find it nice after I know how they are actually prepared =.=
Why? This is because there are shit foreign things that are added indirectly without knowledge into the belacan.


Then,


It amazed me how old people keep themselves busy by doing things that we normal human beings won't do (Or should I say normal young adults won't do).


This masterpiece was made by my grandma in a month. With some creativity juice flow, she came up with this creation that can be sold for a few tens of Ringgit.



This baby over here, is called Kah Lui. It appears that this gigantic mutant-like fish is 13 years old. It might doesn't look that way in this puny picture.
But trust me, this Godzilla-size freak fish is huge for a fish his type.



Sadly, It died few weeks ago when I got back to Kampar for vacation. R.I.P. Kah Lui.




-----------Don't be fooled, I'm actually very kind------------


Now ladies and gentleman, I'm going to introduce you to one of the best laksa (may be the best) in Kampar.

Disclaimer: The laksa you about to see might not look convincing, and it might not look like the normal laksa you know. But trust me, the taste is great.




This baby over here is one of the best laksa I've ever taste, honestly, before tasting this, I'm not a laksa man, in fact, I hate eating laksa due to my previous experience in primary school, where I nearly choked to bleed as I first taste the laksa.

But this laksa is different, it taste very fresh (not many people use this to describe huh? ^^) The mixture of its sourness and spiciness was just perfectly balanced.
The simple combination of raw onion rings, peppermint leaves and fu pei is what it makes it taste so good, and of course, the aroma gave out from the heavenly soup is just spectacular.

My uncle introduce me to this Kwan Yew laksa (I think that is what it is called). He says that he needs to eat it every week or else he would die.

The seller is actually an Ah Gua (transsexual?), but don't be fooled, his laksa is the best in the business even though he doesn't look like it.

Trust me on this, you are going to love it.


--------------------Boundary line---------------------

The funny thing in sub-urban town and urban area is the 'gaoness' of their drinks, the difference is obvious.

In the urban-like, steroid-pumped and well developed city, their drinks are mostly expensive and superbly diluted.


It is so diluted until you will mistaken lychee juice with plain water.


But not in rural areas.
Jeram is the kind of rural village that gives good'ol concentrated drinks.
I have the chance to taste one of the drinks there, it was this barli that makes me feel like writing about it.


It is just a normal coffee shop's barli but damn, the taste is awesome. It is so concentrated until you will feel like ordering TWO barli drinks instead of one.

Then, there is this Claypot Yee Mee that I like it so much.
The reason,




It is the FIRST ever Claypot Yee Mee (煲仔面)I had, because of this, Claypot Yee Mee has become my second FAVOURITE noodle dish precede only by RAMEN!


Honestly, the fresh prawns here add the extra "ohm!" that other Claypot Yee Mee never gives. You got to try it to believe it.

Hmmmm~


--------Ramen is like god, Claypot Yee Mee is like Confucious---------


Ops, look at the time, I have to start packing and get ready to go back to Taiping tomorrow.
Bye~


Till Then

HAVE A NICE DAY ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment