Saturday 20 June 2009

Spain, going the right way... [Vincente Del Bosque]



Vincente Del Bosque- Coach of the Spanish national football team, IMO, he's one of the best national coach out there. The best of the best! Probably the first coach that's going to bring Spain to their FIRST World Cup in 2010.


I'm a long-time admirer of Vincente, not many know about this but yes, he's my favourite coach in the world right now.





I first notice him when I watched 1 of the Real match on TV, yup, I'm a fan of Real Madrid.
In 2002 during the Zidane, Raul & Hierro era, the era when Los Galacticos haven't (really) arrived. That is the best Madrid team at that time, but damn, if wasn't because President Florentino Perez plan to build a team with "super" stars, Vincente won't even think of leaving Real.


Del Bosque got sacked after he succeeded in winning the La Liga title in 2003, a week after the club signed Beckham. Rumors saying that he actually not happy with the new system that Florentino is practicing, which is signing whoever Perez thinks suitable for his "Galacticos" image. -.-"


I won't blame Del Bosque for leaving the club, I mean, when you can't have control over who to sign during transfer window, then where's the fun of managing a team??
Since then, Real has stopped challenging any team like how they used to be.


Because of his departure, I lost my thirst for Real, I still check on them once in a while, but not as frequent as I used to be when Vincente is around. Due to his departure, Real has stop venturing into last 8 of the Euro stage, and even worst when during the 7 years after Vincente leaved the club, they didn't land any major trophies except the La Liga in 07 (Which is Fabio Capello) and weird enough, he too got sacked afterward. Seems like Real got a habit of sacking whoever is good for the club =.="


--------------------------present-----------------------------


But now, Vincente made the wise choice of couching my favourite national team, which is SPAIN!!
My favourite coach with my favourite team, what can you possibly ask for??


Spain is closing the record held by Brazil for the most unbeaten match run which is 35 matches, currently, they are 1 match off the world record. With 14th successive win saw them equal the world record for consecutive victories, who would doubt their chance of equaling the WR set by Brazil?


Vincente did really well in assembling a squad good enough to win the World Cup, and as a supporter of Spain, I'm really happy about it.
For sure, 2010 will be the year I'll be watching Spain play their best football live on TV, with my Spanish cap on. ^^



TILL THEN

HAVE A NICE DAY ^^


VIVA ESPANA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment